Criteria

Sunday, September 14, 2008
So what were the things in my mind when I wrote the greatest sporting moments...well heres a tentative list of criteria which I followed(there could be some events which were just too close to my heart)

1) The occassion......I always consider sports to be a collage of several little occasions and a greatness of sport depends on the greatness of such small occasions..

2) The importance of the moment to the team or the individual......What that moment meant to the team or the individual (whether in loss or victory)

3) The level of opposition...

4) The sheer quality of performances....

5) The spirit with which the game was played and how it effected the psyche of the countries whose players were involved....

But there were several other events which I have included just because of the sheer admiration of the player involved!!!

No comments: